Brothers Bogotá 2019
One of the most renowned walls in Chicadania is the result of an urban intervention by the Street Art Project San Felipe in Bogota, during the Open San Felipe event. The artist chose an abandoned house, complete with windows and doors, as her canvas. She painted a portrait of her sons, dressed in pajamas, sitting on the street. During the process of her work, Chicadania photographs her sons’ faces, which she later uses as reference material for her murals. As the children grow older, their portraits on the murals reflect the passing of time.
- Bringing Joy. Moscow, Russia 2022Urbanmorphogenesis International Mural Festival had invited Chicadania, for the second time, to participate painting the wall of a school in Moscow region. She wanted to bring some of her culture to Russia so she painted her kids with ethnic designs of the colombian tribes and she portrayed them. Today her kids silently watch from the […]
- Residence at Base Elements GalleryThe summer of 2022 Chicadania was invited by the art Gallery Base Elements in Barcelona to do a residence in their studio. She was one month exploring new ways to approach her art, sharing the studio with local artists and living the spanish way of life. An exciting experience she would like to repeat.
- Dreaming in TjalkstraatDreaming on Tjalkstraat is more than a mural. Everything started when The Street Art Museum Amsterdam SAMA, invited Chicadania and Pez to participate on a project for the municipality and the housing associations in the context of MOOIMAKERS program in Amsterdam North, Banne district. The artists had the challenge to tell the story of the […]
- Carnaval at La BañezaReminding the carnaval of this small town in Spain named La Bañeza, Chicadania painted a portrait with a carnaval face painting. She was invited to the Art Aero Rap 2022 to do a street intervention for one week with more than 30 spanish artists, an amazing experience!
- Color Party. DF. MEXICO. 2022Juntas Hacemos Mas is the first Women Urban Art Festival that Chicadania have been invited! She painted a portrait of her son ían with a face painting plenty of colors. She would make a cultural exchange recalling symbols and colors of the Colombian tribes.
- Jaguar. BOGOTA. Colombia 2022Jaguar. BOGOTA. Colombia 2022
- Reflection. Austin. Texas, USA. 2022Jaguar. BOGOTA. Colombia 2022
- Green hero. Mexico.2022During the month of February 2022, more than 100 international artists participated in the Akumal art festival, 105 km from Cancun at the Mayan Riviera in Mexico. Chicadania painted a portrait of her youngest son. She was inspired in the Colombian’s native make ups, adding color to bring to Mexico beauty and Colombian heritage. “ […]
- Super Peace and Love. Miami, USA. 2021In the week of Art Basel 2021, Chicadania was invited to the Basel House Festival to give a new style to the market. With other 3 urban artists, they designed a common background to unify their different styles. Chicadania painted a portrait of one her sons with a mask and his jacket open, exposing his […]
- Between Classic and Contemporary Art. Monaco. 2021Between Classic and Contemporary Art is the title of Chicadania’s intervention in Monte Carlo, Monaco at the festival UPAW 2021.The artist was invited to express her creativity on the theme «the Planet and its colors” in aid of the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation. Inspired in the european classic tiles, Chicadania painted 3 portraits […]
- Playing with colors, Bogotá. 2021As an initiative of the Open San Felipe founder in Bogota, Chicadania was invited to do an urban intervention on the facade of the old Chapinero Hospital. She would to work this time with the artist Pez from Barcelona so they designed a collaboration. To unify the art with the community, Chicadania embodied the enjoyment […]
- Que No Falte la Calle, Bogotá. 2020Chicadania was invited to participate to the edition of an Urban art Colombian book “Que no falte la Calle” by Bogotart. More than 100 colombian artists reflected in this book.
- To the water ducks! Swimming with turtles. Akumal. Mexico. 2019In Mexico, where the turtles goes to let them eggs, The Akumal Cultural Foundation makes an art festival with artists of over the world. Inspired in the giant turtles, Chicadania painted a mural of her son with green scales falling to the water. She used the body painting technique to paint in her son’s body.
- Brothers, Bogotá, Colombia 2019This is one of the most famous walls of Chicadania. The Steet Art Project San Felipe invited her to do an urban intervention in Bogota in the context of the Open San Felipe event. She chose an old abandoned house with windows and doors then she painted a portrait of her sons in piyama sitting […]
- Jumping to the sky. Moscow, Rusia 2019Jumping to the sky is the biggest wall Chicadania has painted, she tasted heigh for the first time, it was a real prove! She did a collaboration with Pez from Barcelona and they mixed realism with illustration. Marc, the boy of the mural is their oldest son.
- Superhero in Miami 2019In this Project, the hotel Wynwood Place of Miami managed the painting of a wall on the 2nd avenue in Miami. Chicadania was invited to do this work. She invited Slomo from Venezuela, Piotre from France, Pez from Spain, 1up from Europe and Golden from Miami to paint a collaboration. Chicadania painted the front of […]
- Playing Hide and Seek. Colombia 2019In the middle of the Colombian jungle there’s a painting of Chicadania, one of her sons playing hide and seek. This mural was a project with Dictador rhum, they made a urban art museum to help endangered animals. Artists of all of the world participated. Chicadania would to take advantage of the location of the […]